The Chinese Death Touch: A L.E.M.U.R. Investigation Report
League of Energy Materialization & Unexplained phenomena Research
Asheville, North Carolina www.LEMURteam.com
Report on Objective Measurements Related to Grandmaster H. Thomas Cameron and His Students
Written by Joshua P. Warren on behalf of L.E.M.U.R. November 10, 2004
Our History with Cameron:
Tom Cameron is a 7th degree black belt student of well-known Grandmaster George Dillman. Cameron contacted L.E.M.U.R. in 2002, informing us he'd been involved in martial arts for approximately thirty years and is one of the world's experts on Dim Mak, the Chinese "Death Touch." Cameron, who works in industrial security and martial arts instruction, has been featured on numerous television programs, including "Ripley's Believe it Or Not" (deemed the "Human Stun Gun"), a show on TLC (The Learning Channel), and Steve Harvey's "Big Time." Cameron's most sensational demonstrations involve knocking down a subject without physical contact by (in his description) projecting energy, chi, ki, or prana, a bio-energy that overwhelms the target. He also specializes in demonstrations in which his hands are placed lightly on the subject's body (usually head) until the subject gradually loses footing, and seemingly consciousness, due to the energy Cameron says he transmits to the person. Cameron has dozens of students he trains three times a week in Palos Hills outside Chicago, IL. Energy work regards both positive and negative effects toward the subject. By 2004, Cameron had combined the best of various martial arts to produce his own form: Shin Be Han.
In 2003, Cameron and some top students attended L.E.M.U.R.'s Paranormal Conference at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, North Carolina as special guests. This was L.E.M.U.R.'s first in-person meeting with Cameron, and he spoke with us about his skills over the weekend, demonstrating various abilities. We were impressed with Cameron and invited him back to do a program for the following year's conference, January of 2004.
At Cameron's program in January of 2004, L.E.M.U.R. Investigators Joshua P. Warren and Robert McGhee were astounded to measure an electromagnetic field (EMF) surge of more than 1 milliGauss (mG), the device's maximum setting at the time, using a Gauss Master/Dr. Gauss instrument calibrated for 60 Hz AC, but sensitive to a much wider, informal range. There were several surges of this magnitude no more than three feet from Cameron during, and just after, a major demonstration in which he projected "emotional" energy toward students for a knockdown. According to L.E.M.U.R.'s understanding, the body's strongest field should be produced by the human heart, around 50,000 femo-Teslas (fT), and the fields measured around Cameron were more than 1000 times stronger. We also measured some EMF flux around 2/10 of a mG in proximity to some Cameron students. L.E.M.U.R. Investigator Forrest Connor reported some flux in the radio/microwave range, as well (measured with a Tri-Field Natural EM Meter). Cameron and his students performed several breaks (concrete and wood) as documented on video.
L.E.M.U.R. was so impressed by Cameron's demonstration in January, 2004, that we decided to travel to his home near Chicago to spend July 21-25, 2004 studying Cameron and his students under the most controlled circumstances available. We hoped to gain more insight regarding energies related to Cameron's demonstrations. In the meantime, we conducted two long-distance experiments with Cameron. He and his students projected energy from Chicago toward our location near Asheville, NC. The first time, we documented a singular knocking sound on the side of the manufactured home in which we were located, as well as some magnetic flux. The second time, there was no effect aside from an electrostatic sensation (subjectively perceived by L.E.M.U.R. Investigators Warren, McGhee, and Connor, in terms of hair standing on arms) when one of Cameron's students performed a projection. We also analyzed a 16mm film print (approx. 100 feet) that Cameron gave us at the January, 2004 conference. He said he'd projected energy toward the film, in the camera (being shot by a visiting film student), and the final print displayed a strange pattern, similar to a sine wave, on and slightly after the leader portion. L.E.M.U.R. took the film to Dr. William P. Banner in Asheville, North Carolina, for analysis. He turned 80 in 2004 and has worked in film and broadcasting since the age of 16. Banner is one of the world's greatest experts on film, owning an impressive museum, with numerous professional credentials worldwide. Banner said he'd seen "millions" of films in his life, and that he could not explain the marks visible on the footage given to us by Cameron. Banner had never seen anything like it, and was open-minded to the possibility that the marks were created by Grandmaster Cameron's energy projection. L.E.M.U.R. was surprised by the definitive nature of Banner's opinion.
Details of Controlled Experiments in Palos Hills, Illinois:
L.E.M.U.R. members present and involved: Joshua P. Warren, Brian Irish, Robert McGhee, Micah Hanks, Caleb Hanks
Principal Location: Home of Grandmaster Cameron
During July 21-25, 2004, we tested Grandmaster Cameron and his students using the following primary instruments:
1. Tri-Field Natural EM Meters, Models 1 and 2: These devices are designed to pick up changes in extremely weak DC or "natural" electric fields (as small as 3 volts per meter or v/m), magnetic fields in the microtesla range (as small as 0.05 percent of the earth's magnetic field when an antenna is used), combinations in variations of electric and magnetic (or electromagnetic) fields, and energy in the radio/microwave range spanning from 100,000 to 2.5 billion oscillations per second (100 KHz to 2.5 GHz) with minimum and maximum detectable signal strengths of 0.01 milliwatt/cm squared and 1 milliwatt/cm squared respectively. The advantage of the Model 2 is an input jack for a coil antenna to be used for measuring magnetic fields.
2. Dr. Gauss/Gauss Master EMF meters calibrated for 50/60 Hz AC and sensitive from 1/10 mG to 10 mG.
3. A handheld Electrosmog Multidetector II Prof I sensitive to either electric or magnetic fields ranging from 5-500 Hz as the ELF (Extreme Low Frequency) setting or 500 and above on the VLF (Very Low Frequency) setting.
4. A large, tabletop VLF (Very Low Frequency) detector with a manually-scannable range of 0-500,000 Hz, using a large coil antenna (1780 feet of coil, as one layer of 24 awg wire, wrapped on a span of 21.5 inches) tuned to 145,000 Hz.
5. A handheld, non-contact infrared thermometer to register surface temperatures instantly in fahrenheit.
6. Digital still cameras and Sony Digital 8 HandiCams capable of sensing into the near-infrared range.
7. A digital volt meter sensitive to milliVolts, both AC and DC.
8. Electrostatic detectors proved useless due to high humidity throughout our experimentations.
We tested Cameron and some of his best students as they:
1. projected energy toward our devices; each subject one at a time and in combination from different distances and angles
2. performed "touchless" and "touch" knockouts on each other and our researchers
3. attempted to control their bodies' energy flows to affect current flowing through electrodes (one attached to each hand) that could be measured with our volt meter
4. gave blood samples to be tested by a doctor (arranged by Cameron) to see if their energy work produced unusual characteristics in their blood
5. Projected energy toward and into various, unexposed rolls of 35mm film, attempting to create an exposure
1. There were numerous occasions when small energy anomalies, no more than a few v/m, (particularly in the DC electric realm as measured with the Trifields) occurred simultaneous, or near simultaneous, to attempted energy projections from 2-3 feet away. However, these were inconsistent and we were therefore unable to confidently establish the cause of the readings. Perhaps the strongest readings of this type were two brief pulses (1-2 seconds each) measured with the tabletop VLF detector at approximately 25 and 40 KHz, using the large coil antenna (tuned to 140 KHz). Often an anomaly would be measured slightly before (by a few seconds) the energy projector intended to project the energy.
2. When knockdowns were performed by Cameron or his students, and the subject receiving the knockdown was hooked to the voltmeter, his or her current reversed polarities and sometimes switched from a few milliVolts to hundreds. The same changes occurred in control subjects, but the readings from the control subjects were much more scattered and unpredictable. Those coming from Cameron's students were more level, usually rising and falling in an arc, as the knockdown began and ended, perhaps reflecting their level of familiarity, experience and comfort with the techniques being used.
3. There were sometimes slight changes (1-2 degrees F) in the body temperature of a subject performing, or receiving, a knockout, but these were inconsistent.
4. According to Cameron, the results of the blood samples were normal
5. There was never a visual anomaly produced on our film or digital mediums related to energy work
We must make it clear that our current conclusions are based strictly upon the amount of data we were able to objectively gather during our days of experimentation. We were limited to the types of equipment used, their performance with the given environmental conditions, and our accuracy in applying and interpreting them.
Even though we were able to record anomalies in the energy environment at the time of bio-energy work by Cameron and his students (as aforementioned), we were never able to measure these anomalies on a consistent, repeatable basis necessary to meet the standards of scientific proof. We were therefore unable to prove that any anomalies measured were definitely caused by the actions of Cameron or his students.
Based upon our experiences, the "touchless knockdown" has no direct, practical applications for self-defense purposes at the time of an actual attack. In order for the "touchless" to work, it seems to require some level of cooperation on the part of the individual(s) receiving the knockdown, as shown by Cameron's students, our researchers, and various laypersons who have experienced the technique and were able to resist succumbing. We have the same opinion of similar techniques when Cameron's hands are placed lightly on a subject (without applying pressure) in order to transfer energy for a knockout. The nature of the cooperation on the part of the receiving subject is currently unclear, but may have to do with the expectations of Cameron and observers that influences the receiving subject to comply and submit.
Cameron has supreme skill, knowledge, and experience in effectively applying the psychological influence and techniques of "hands-on" martial arts. His outstanding ability to subdue an attacker using physical contact is clear and obvious. The relationship between his energy work and hands-on martial arts may be very complex and was beyond the scope of these experiments and the equipment used. Our goal here was to focus on the prospective non-contact "energy projections."
The inconsistency we experienced in documenting the energy projections of Cameron and his students does not disprove the possibility that such energy projections occur. Said inconsistencies could be the product of our equipment's inefficiency to operate under the given atmospheric conditions or the fickle nature of sensitive, human physiology and the endurance of the body to repeat the required techniques. After our experiments, Cameron reported blood in his urine. This is one indication of how physically exhaustive it was for him to undergo so much testing in such a relatively short period of time.
Recommendation for Future Experiments:
Considering the massive energy flux we measured in Cameron's proximity in January of 2004, in Asheville, North Carolina, when conditions were cold and dry, we suggest that future experiments should be conducted under low-humidity circumstances to give equipment maximum sensitivity and allow energies (such as those of an electrostatic nature) to manifest in a more distinctly measurable form.
You can learn more about Cameron at his site: www.TheHumanStunGun.com
Copyright � 2004-2005 by Shadowbox Enterprises, LLC